When Austin was younger he was a great eater and would pretty much eat anything you put in front of him or near his mouth...and by most people's standards I guess he still is a pretty good eater for a 16 month old. But ever since he got old enough to have an opinion, he will not touch a vegetable with a ten foot pole. So I have learned a few tricks on how to hide them in foods I know he likes, like bread. Here is a perfect example. Zucchini bread may sound kind of weird but it is really delicious and a great way to get kids to eat a vegetable without them knowing!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups white sugar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 cups grated zucchini
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Sift together flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, and baking powder.
- Beat eggs. Add sugar, vanilla, and oil and mix well. Add zucchini to egg mixture. Add dry ingredients, mixing well. Pour into 2 greased loaf pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 1 hour.