If you are looking for a healthy meal that is full of flavor this is one you are definitely going to want to try!
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried mint
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 pounds ground turkey
- 1 cup hummus, preferably spicy or roasted red pepper (about a 7-ounce container)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 16 pita pockets, preferably whole wheat, split open and warmed
- 2 to 3 plum tomatoes, sliced
Toss the cucumber, feta, vinegar, mint, 1 tablespoon olive oil and a pinch each of salt and pepper in a bowl; cover and refrigerate.
Mix the turkey, 1/2 cup hummus, and the parsley in a bowl; season generously with pepper. Dampen your hands and shape the mixture into 16 small patties, about 1/2 inch thick.
Heat 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil in a medium cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add half of the patties and cook until browned and cooked through, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate. Cook the remaining patties in the remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil.
Spread some of the remaining hummus on the inside of each pita; fill with a tomato slice, turkey patty and some of the cucumber mixture.