- 1 (8-ounce) package long grain wild rice
- 1/2 bag frozen small shrimp
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce can) condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cups grated sharp cheddar
- Salt and pepper
DirectionsCook the rice according to package directions.
Heat the butter in saucepan and saute the pepper, shrimp, and onion until soft, about 5 minutes.
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
In a large bowl, combine the rice, soup, 1 1/2 cups of cheese, shrimp and vegetables. Add salt and pepper, to taste. Mix well. Spray an 11 by 7-inch glass casserole dish with vegetable spray. Place the mixture in the pan and top with remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Bake for 30 minutes, until bubbly.