Thursday, February 24, 2011

Welcome

Welcome to my blog! I'm kind of new to this whole blog thing but i finally decided to join the bandwagon. So here is a brief overview of what i intend to do with my new hobby. 

Over the past few years I have developed a passion for cooking and have therefore decided to start a website where I can share some of my favorite recipes. I will also share scripture verses that inspire me and tidbits about Austin and his development etc...thus the title of my blog, This and That. Hope you enjoy!

Recipe of the Day:

Chicken Pot Pie

Ingredients

  • 2 cups chopped cooked chicken breast
  • 2 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
  • ½ bag frozen mixed veggies
  • 2 chopped celery stalks
  • ¼ onion chopped
  • ¼ bag hashbrown potatoes
  • garlic
  • 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can cream of chicken soup
  • 1 cup chicken broth
  • Salt and pepper, optional
  • 1 1/2 cups instant biscuit mix
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1 stick melted butter

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Saute veggies with garlic, salt, and pepper. In a greased 2-quart casserole, layer the chicken, eggs, and veggies. Mix the soup, chicken broth. Pour over the layers. Stir together the biscuit mix and milk, and pour this over the casserole. Drizzle butter over the topping. Bake until the topping is golden brown, 50-60 minutes.

Scripture Verse of the Day:
 "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight." ~Proverbs 3:5-6

No comments:

Post a Comment